10.02.2008

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

"I walk a lonely road, the only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes, but it's home to me and I walk alone"

It's really great for the person who wrote those lyrics to know that someone felt his existence through his words. That even though he walked alone, he was noticed; but mostly, he's not alone out there.. He's just on his own road, and other people live the same way, carry on through the day without having any reasonable end in sight; typing their heart out, without really knowing how it will end..

"I walk these empty streets, on the boulevard of broken dreams"

It's sad really to wait for a song to remind you of all the dreams you left behind, the ones that you don't even dare to have, the ones that you were too weak to hold, and those you were too naive to believe in..

"I'm walking down the line, that divides me somewhere in my mind"

It's really fucked up to get yourself psychoanalyzed on the beats of a guy who has more make-up than yourself, especially when you're a girl..

"Read between the lines of what's
Fucked up and everything's all right
Check my vital signs to know I'm still alive
And I walk alone"

- As it may seem obvious: written while listening to "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by GreenDay -

No comments: