1.06.2009

Reality Check

I don't remember when was the first time I knew for sure that Santa Claus didn't exist. I guess I always had doubts, I always had questions like: What does he do the rest of the year? Where is his house on the map? How can he cross the whole world with one night? How come he's still alive? and so on.. So, it didn't come to me as a surprise when the time came and I've been informed that Santa is not real.

Then it was the time when I realized there was no tooth fairy. I wasn't surprised either, actually i was more glad. Everything related to dentists and teeth doesn't appeal to me.

Then the Easter Bunny. I never really understood what does the Easter Bunny do anyway, and i learned of his existence and non-existence in the same month.

But then it was time to realize that Superman is not real. I think this was one of the hardest things for me to believe. But then, like any grown up, I decided to accept the facts that deny his existence. And once again, i accepted that it's not real.

So I start 2009 by standing up for what I think is REAL. You can go away with all your facts, all your metrics, and all your statistics. For this year, I give up on being the realistic grown up, I give up on logic too. You can say I'm almost crazy, or maybe completely out of my mind, but you're no longer taking away from me what I feel is real.

No comments: