2.17.2010

Between insomnia and paranoia..

There's nothing worse when you write than the first sentence, this sentence.. The sentence were I should grab your attention to follow through until the last word. But tonight I don't care if you read or not.. I just write to distract myself from the noise of my neighbor's AC! Not that it's working, but at least seeing this white space getting filled with characters, meaningless as they are, is easier and less mentally disturbing than laying in bed, eyes wide open, counting the rounds of the engine humming, loud I may add..

Tonight, I don't write about grief, nor sorrow, I just write about frustration. Frustration and insomnia. About the trillions of thoughts that run through your head just when you need your mind to be clear. And all those yoga classes that should be paying off by helping you concentrate, by helping you organize.

The funny thing about "disturbia" is that when you experience a moment of peace, you're not relieved! You simply get paranoid, wondering what's the real problem now, and waiting for that humming to go back to assure you that everything is back to normal; and that you'll experience another night of insomnia, of frustration, and eventually of insanity..

And the best is yet to come..

No comments: