1.01.2010

Happy 2010

It's a habit at the end of a year to look back as you look forward.. 2009 was a long year with a long list of changes, of disappointments, and of achievements as well..

2009 taught me that I love my country more than I thought I did. It also taught me that there's a big world outside the door, and you will never understand, and you will never understand how big it is.. So no need to waste your time..

Speaking of time, 2009 taught me the value of a second. A second spent with the love of your life, a second spent away from home, a second wasted in patience. It taught me that time is a marvelous concept, unique in the way you lose it as soon as you have it.. And you waste it just when you need it..

Need, is what you should be careful about. Never be in need of a selfish person even though being very independent will not get you more than loneliness. Know that you need some people, and that you need to ignore others.

Others are just those you don't even need to remember their name. They are this parasite that annoys you at times, and could suck the blood out of you at others. But you will often find the right antibiotic.

A right antibiotic can also be the right life partner. They do have their own magic powers capable of curing you of all the boredom in the world, all the depression, and can easily resolve, with one tender look, your deepest dilemmas.

One of the dilemmas I encountered in 2009 is the dilemma of whether to use the first cabin in the toilet or the last one. A lot of people use the first cabin of the toilet because it's the first. But then, a lot of people believe that since a lot of people think the first is most used, they use others instead, so in the end a lot of people avoid using the first which makes it the cleaner one. So is the first one really the best choice in terms of hygiene or the worst?

Worst moment of 2009 was when I ended up alone in a country I don't really like, suffering stagnation and vulgarity, far from the person I want to spend my life with, and far from the people I spent my life with up until 2009..

Up until 2009 I thought that when people shake their head and say "no problem", it means that they got your point and are going to proceed. Apparently it's not.

It's not a rumour: I am getting married in 2010; 2009 was a good year on the personal level even if it's disastrous on the professional one.

One - Just because someone keeps repeating that they're your friend, it doesn't mean they really are.
Two - Just because some people like to hear themselves, it doesn't mean I like to hear them too.
Three - just because you feel left out, it doesn't mean you're second best. A Number one donut is not in competition with a Number one coffee..
Four - If you don't feel like growing up, don't force yourself, just don't expect people to treat you like an adult either.

Five, my most valuable advice for 2009: never order a spaghetti in a Filipino restaurant!

No comments: